How to contact the editor?

 How to contact the editor? 


I read a lot of newsletters every day in my email inbox - the topics are wide range like tech, marketing, business, news, environmental, cultural, events, psychology, science art, etc.

One thing that I do for sure when my eyes spot a typo is to find out how to contact the writer of the article.

My purpose is to send a message and to notice the need for correction.

Then the investigation starts:
  • Most of the Bulgarian websites did not provide who is the writer of the story - in that case, I contact one of the social media channels of the issuer directly by messaging them with a screenshot and link.
  • A different case (rare) is when there is a name of the author but with no contact details - here I began a web search, supposing that this person is public-oriented and has open social media channels for informing the audience with articles that he/she writes. 
What I can advise marketers who write newsletters in the Bulgarian language (the same is valid in all other languages):
  • Write first drafts in a Word document and use a proofing tool and install it on the word processing software.
  • Write drafts and store them in a different place than the email marketing platform that sends the newsletters.
  • Send a few test newsletters to someone's trustful teammate to review for bugs and typos.
  • Do not forget if the already sent email cannot be edited the page or story on the website does.



TIP: for those who use web editing tools in browser - check this Google Chrome Extension form Microsoft: Microsoft Editor: Spelling & Grammar Checker (It is free and support more than 50 languages). 




P.S. my article about media copyright in Bulgaria


Comments

Popular Posts