Copyrights and media coverage of local news

A big Bulgarian sports media had stolen two pictures from a Facebook page that I manage.

They didn't ask for permission nor give credit to the photos.

The first, that comes to my mind was: 

"Maybe that is for good, let's promote local sports on big news media."



 

One day later I turned my thoughts at:

Copyrights and media coverage of local news

  • Can big media do small illegal things?
  • Do the news media have ethical standards?
  • Is it OK to break copyright laws?


As a fair player, I will not mention the media for good. 

I like the story they wrote. They are pretty well in the sport's news.


Let see what are the fundamentals of that...
  • A poor law? 
  • A poor journalism education?
  • Missing code of ethics and rules in the firms?
  • A society that doesn't give a shit about intellectual property?

Made short research about ethics and media rules and found that pieces into the Code of Ethics of the Bulgarian media:

"1.3.1 We will endeavor to verify the information before it is published, looking for and using different sources, and as far as possible indicating its origin."




Comments

Popular Posts